Salvation by faith in Jesus Christ sounds too easy for many people. They would rather think that they must do something to save themselves. Through this kind of thinking, their religion becomes one of self-effort that leads either to disappointment or pride, but finally to eternal death.
RELIGION BY SELF-EFFORT
1. Goal: Please God by our own good deeds.
2. How: Practice, diligent service, discipline, and obedience, in hope of rewards.
3. Power: Good, honest effort through self-determination.
4. Control: Self-motivated, self-control.
5. Results: Chronic guilt, apathy, depression, failure, constant desire for approval.
SALVATION BY FAITH
1. Goal: Trust in Christ and then live to please God.
2. How: Confess, submit, and commit yourself to Christ’s control.
3. Power: The Holy Spirit in us helps us do good work for Christ’s kingdom.
4. Control: Christ in me; I in Christ.
5. Results: Joy, thankfulness, love, guidance, service, forgiveness.
The simple plan of Salvation by faith in Jesus Christ is the only way, and it alone leads to eternal life.
WHAT MUST YOU DO TO BE SAVED?
Romans 10:8-13 (NIV) says “But what does it say? ‘The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,’ that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, ‘Anyone who believes in Him will never be put to shame.’ For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on Him, for, ‘Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’”
End Of Post