IF YOU ARE SAVED, THE HOLY SPIRIT DWELLS IN YOU.
John 14:16-17 (NASB) says “I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.”
YOU ARE A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST.
2 Corinthians 5:17 (NASB) says “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.”
YOUR OLD, SINFUL NATURE BEGINS TO GIVE WAY
TO THE NEW, CHRISTLIKE NATURE.
Romans 6:7-13 (NASB) says “For he who has died is freed from sin. Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.”
SPIRITUAL GROWTH IS A LIFELONG PROCESS
THAT DEPENDS ON YOUR STUDY AND APPLICATION
OF GOD'S WORD AND YOUR WALK IN THE SPIRIT.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NASB) says “All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.”
Galatians 5:16-26 (NASB) says “But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.
Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.”
AS YOU SEEK SPIRITUAL GROWTH,
PRAY TO GOD AND ASK FOR:
Wisdom Concerning The Areas He Desires You To Grow In;
Increased faith and knowledge of Him;
GOD HAS GIVEN YOU ALL YOU NEED
TO EXPERIENCE SPIRITUAL GROWTH.
With the Holy Spirit’s help, you can overcome sin and steadily become more like your Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE GROWING SPIRITUALLY WHEN:
1. You are increasingly aware of sin and weaknesses;
2. Your response to sin is quick and followed by genuine repentance;
3. Your spiritual battles are becoming more fierce but you are still rejoicing;
4. You see trials and temptations as opportunities for growth;
5. You see service for God as a high honor and not a burden;
6. You know all things are working together for your good;
7. You sense your faith is growing stronger;
8. Your desire to obey God intensifies and your attraction to sin decreases;
9. You spend more time in genuine praise and worship;
10. You are eager to share with others what Jesus is doing in your life;
11. You are becoming increasingly aware of His presence;
12. You jealously guard your time of prayer and daily bible reading and would rather spend time with Jesus above all others.
End Of Post