We recommend that you regularly take a personal inventory of your thoughts, memories, emotional triggers and past experiences to honestly determine what your strengths and growth areas are.
Do you have too much of one thing and not enough of another? Do you need to add something new to your life? Do you need further education or training to achieve your goals?
When you've discovered what these things are, you should write out a plan and set some goals for your life that uses your strengths and improves the growth areas you discovered while taking your personal inventory.
Psalm 139:23-24 says “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”
1 Chronicles 28:9 says “And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.”
Do The Following:
Ask God to Search your heart and thoughts;
Ask the Holy Spirit to help you and believe that help is available through Him;
Give your problems, concerns, and worries to God. When you give them to God, you shouldn't try and tell God how to do it or when He should do it. You should trust that He will take care of them in His own time and in a way that is best for you. If you really do this, you will no longer be anxious or concerned.
While Taking Your Persona Inventory,
Consider The Following 7 Deadly Sins:
(These are poisonous venom that comes directly from Satan.)
1. Anger And UN-forgiveness – A strong passion or emotion of displeasure caused by a sense of injury or insult, usually antagonistic and excited and directed toward a person, event, or situation.
2. Envy Or Covetousness – Being discontented or resentful or longing after the good fortune of another. Wanting what someone else has.
3. Laziness – Being Idle or Unwilling to work. Also includes Indifference, Atrophy (wasting away from lack of use), and an “I Don't Care Attitude”.
4. Greed – A desire to acquire things beyond reason. Many of us are chasing the almighty dollar and wanting more power, prestige, and position while ignoring our family, friends, and other responsibilities.
5. Lust And Immorality – A natural sexual instinct or sinful desire that's gotten off track. Lust and immorality are rampant in our American culture. Consider the Pornography Industry and all the X And R Rated Movies now on TV.
6. Gluttony – Excessive Eating or Drinking. Many of us are eating and drinking too much and are literally killing ourselves with clogged arteries, high blood pressure and cholesterol, obesity, and other self inflicted infirmities.
7. Pride – Having an excessively high opinion of yourself and being conceited. This is the most deadly sin of all because it makes you want to appear wiser, smarter, bigger, better, richer, finer, and more righteous than you really are. Some people, in an attempt to appear better off than they really are, have a bunch of credit cards all maxed out and, in reality, are completely broke.
Proverbs 16:18 says “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall”.
Proverbs 29:23 says “A man's pride brings him low, but a man of lowly (humble) spirit gains honor”.
“Are You Guilty Of Any Of These 7 Deadly Sins?”
Psalm 51:10-12 says “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me.”
Ask God To Search Your Heart And Reveal Any Hidden Sin That You Just Don't Want To Own Up To.
Because we were born as sinners, our natural inclination is to please ourselves rather than God. Ask God to cleanse you from within and to clear your heart for new thoughts and desires. Right conduct can come only from a clean heart and spirit. Ask God to create in you a pure heart and a right spirit.
Once you have completed your personal inventory, make plans to take one day at a time and ask God to help you use your strengths, overcome your weaknesses, improve on the growth areas that you have discovered, and let go of all those things that you have given to God to take care of.
Finally, ask God to show you His purpose for your life and the path He wants you to take. When He tells you what these are, ask the Holy Spirit to help you be obedient to them. If you do these things, your life will never be the same again.
And, Always Remember This. You Have An Appointment That You Cannot Change Or Cancel!
You can cancel or change your appointment with a doctor, dentist, barber, hairdresser, or mechanic, etc. However, your appointment with death cannot be canceled or changed.
Where are you in your walk with the Lord? When your appointed time comes, will you be ready? Will you spend eternity in Heaven or in Hell? The choice is yours and yours alone!
We Encourage You Not To Procrastinate. You Are Not Promised A Tomorrow, So Accept God's Free Gift Of Salvation Today!
End Of Post