By: Bill and Teddy Rogers
WORRYING HAS CONSEQUENCES:
1. Worrying can bring your activities to a complete stop;
2. Worrying can damage your health;
3. Worrying can cause the object of your worry to consume your thoughts;
4. Worrying can disrupt your productivity;
5. Worrying can negatively affect the way you treat others;
6. Worrying can reduce your ability to trust;
7. Worrying can cause you to waste today.
7 REASONS NOT TO WORRY!
Mattthew 6:25 says “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?”
1. The Same God Who Created Life In You Can Be Trusted With The Details Of Your Life.
Matthew 6:26 says “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?”
2. Worrying About The Future Hampers Your Efforts For Today.
Matthew 6:27 says “Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?”
3. Worrying Is More Harmful Than Helpful.
Matthew 6:28-30 says “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?”
4. God Does Not Ignore Those Who Depend On Him.
Matthew 6:31-32 says “So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.”
5. Worry Shows A Lack Of Faith In And Understanding Of God.
Matthew 6:33 says “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
6. There Are Real Challenges God Wants Us To Pursue And Worrying Keeps Us From Them.
Matthew 6:34 says “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
7. Living One Day At A Time Keeps Us From Being Consumed With Worry.
Note: The Bible tells us not to worry about those needs that God promises to supply.
Don't let worries about tomorrow affect what you do today. Planning for tomorrow is time well spent but worrying about tomorrow is time totally wasted! For we are not even promised a tomorrow.
End Of Post
If this post has been a blessing or beneficial in any way, we would appreciate your sharing it with others. Thanks and God Bless.